Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

what did you do to your cbr500 today?

592K views 2K replies 493 participants last post by  ADIOS600 
#1 ·
I dont know if someone already started a thread on this topic on this forum. It was very popular on the cbr250r.net forum.

Let us know what you did to your bike today. Mods, trips, maintenance, purchased, traded, etc.

#2 ·
#6 ·
#2,173 ·
Im almost to this point... at 300 miles now... just 300 more per dealer recommendation... I cant wait... I want to crack over that 6k mark! What oil did you use? I am a religious Amsoil user in all my rigs, so of course, that's what i plan on using in my cbr. Though, the tech in me is curious still, as to what everyone else uses and how it works out for them.

#16 ·
woke up, realized i am still exhausted from working yesterday. Problem identified, the act of waking up became more intense and i am now geared up about to head out before it rains!

Reactions: New Rider
#24 ·
My first long ride on my R. Rode for a total of 260 miles yesterday! Frankly, my butt hurts a bit! lol

Trying to get to 600+ (380 now) for my first service that is already scheduled for July 16. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and my decision to not be stupid or crazy and go with a supersport. I still have small chicken strips :( (1/2" or so) but they are much more narrow than they were!

I never tach over 5.5k since I am still in the breakin period but I think this bike is EXACTALY what I have been waiting for to get back into riding. I still managed to acheve a calculated 69MPG riding thru 2 lane mountain roads briskly which I am ecstatic about!

#28 ·
My first long ride on my R. Rode for a total of 260 miles yesterday! Frankly, my butt hurts a bit! lol

Trying to get to 600+ (380 now) for my first service that is already scheduled for July 16. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and my decision to not be stupid or crazy and go with a supersport. I still have small chicken strips :( (1/2" or so) but they are much more narrow than they were!

I never tach over 5.5k since I am still in the breakin period but I think this bike is EXACTALY what I have been waiting for to get back into riding. I still managed to acheve a calculated 69MPG riding thru 2 lane mountain roads briskly which I am ecstatic about!
A hard break in is actually better for the engine than a soft break in.

#27 ·
Filled up my gas tank after a short cruise around town .. 248 miles on 3.386 gallons, which is around 73mpg. I'm now at 1300 miles and, so far, every tank of gas I put in has returned better economy than the last. I'm now getting better mileage on the 500 than I was with my 250, which amazes me. I guess there really is something to the notion of the 500 getting better mileage due to having to work considerably less than the 250 did to go the same speeds.

#29 ·
Hit up Azusa Canyon with my buddy today. A cbr 5 and 6 killing it. It's nice to know I can keep up with a 6 on the road and freeway. So glad I didn't start with a 300.