Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums - View Single Post - Spools installation *new rider*
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:37 AM
bambams

Garage
Double post and then bump...

I have refrained from replying because I'm not very mechanical, and this is not my wheelhouse, but if memory serves the available spools are mounted to the axle itself more or less. If I recall correctly, adjusting the chain slack requires loosening the axle nut, but you don't fully disassemble anything. I'd assume that this procedure can be done with the spools installed.

That said, I have a set of pit bull stands that lift the rear end by the swingarm. That has never given me trouble. Sure, in theory, the security of spools is awesome, but in practice unless you plan to leave the bike on the stands overnight it doesn't really matter.

I mean the best with what I say. It doesn't always sound that way.
2013 Honda CBR500R (Millennium Red) (Completely stock)
FirstGear Kilimanjaro High-Visibility, Joe Rocket Ballistic Boots, Scorpion Exo R2000, Alpinestars Raider Drystar Pants or Scorpion Covert Jeans, Icon Hypersport Pro Short Gloves
Castrol Chainlube, Pro Honda GN4, Pro Honda Dot 4, 87 octane AKI
Kriega R-35, Air Hawk Dual Sport, Go Cruise 2, Grip Puppies

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome