Dunlop D222 vs Michelin Pilot Power 3 vs Dunlop Sportmax Q3 - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 10:20 PM

Good review! I'd love to hear about wet performance as soon as you have enough experience in those conditions on the Q3's. I'm fairly certain the Roadsmart II's are going to be the right tires for me, but I'd like to know more about the Q3's from the perspective of a real CBR500R rider.

Male, 43yrs, 185lbs, 5'8", '14 CBR500R (RWB color), 7k miles, Dunlop D222's, Rotella T6 (every 2k), KN-204 oil filter, 87 Octane, Maxima Chain Wax, Fork Preload adjusters, T-Rex spools, Stainless radiator guard, Shorty adjustable levers, Fork stem RAM mount/USB port, red/black alum grips, Rear tire hugger, Rear seat cowl, Black light (UV) LED engine/undertail lights w/RF remote, Ultra-white LED position light, Plain white Rascal Graphik tank pad, Sea level, city commuter, spirited rider
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
That's ok, I don't think they come in our rim size anyway.
S20 and S20 evo don't, but the S21 have our size in the size chats... i am actually considering taking these (S21) when the time comes ... not that it would be anywhere close yet, based on the time i have for riding and style of my riding, i guess that will be sometime next year maybe ... and until then, there will be other options, so we will see ...
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 AM

I suppose when these d222 tires wear out I'll resort to the Bridgestone BT-023 sport tourer tires.
I've used them on heavier much more powerful bikes and I would be surprised if I got less than 10-12,000 miles on the CB.
Being sport touring tires they will not be as grippy as a pure sport tire but the 023 ain't bad. I've never had a problem with them when pushed hard. They are also much cheaper than all the others.

Great tire review TTZ.

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Yamato View Post
S20 and S20 evo don't, but the S21 have our size in the size chats... i am actually considering taking these (S21) when the time comes ... not that it would be anywhere close yet, based on the time i have for riding and style of my riding, i guess that will be sometime next year maybe ... and until then, there will be other options, so we will see ...
You're right, just had another look at the Bridgestone website.
There's so many options.

2016 CBR500RA MATTE BLACK

Last edited by Ben; 07-27-2016 at 10:03 AM.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 05:14 PM

I need recommendations for a split / two compound tyre ( harder Centre with soft sides) as I do 1400klm weekend touring rides and scrape pegs on on my favorite road......... if your passsing through south east NSW Tathra to Bermagui coast road is a must people !!!!
tothezenith likes this.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977ra28celica View Post
I need recommendations for a split / two compound tyre ( harder Centre with soft sides) as I do 1400klm weekend touring rides and scrape pegs on on my favorite road......... if your passsing through south east NSW Tathra to Bermagui coast road is a must people !!!!
That would be your BT 023.
1977ra28celica likes this.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 12:55 AM
Ben

Quote:
Michelin Pilot Sport 4.

2016 CBR500RA MATTE BLACK
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
The PP3 were a good dual compound, that served commuting and corners well. Is recommend them, though haven't tried other tyres excluded from the review. My praise for the Q3 is because it suits my personal riding attributes.

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:35 PM

Garage
Our 500s doesn't have enough power to warm-up hypersport tires sufficiently that is why I would stick with Touring tires on these motorcycles. But thats just me.

2015 CBR500RA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 06:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashsania View Post
Our 500s doesn't have enough power to warm-up hypersport tires sufficiently that is why I would stick with Touring tires on these motorcycles. But thats just me.
That's about how I feel about it. Putting an expensive all out sport tire on this bike about like putting lipstick on a pig. Waste of money.
sashsania likes this.

Last edited by sonicboom; 01-30-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page