Authorized Dealer or authorized mechanic? - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Authorized Dealer or authorized mechanic?

Hi Just got a new cb500f not long ago and I'm about to hit the 600 mark, ready to take it for the first service. My question is, in order to keep warranty ok, do you need to take it to the dealer, or would any authorized mechanic be ok? How do I know if a mechanic is Honda authorized?

Anybody knows any good places in the Bay Area? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 12:22 PM

Garage
my personal preference is to take to dealership for the first service and after that you can take it anywhere or DIY. Just keep all the receipts safe.

2015 CBR1000RR
2015 CBR500RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 12:24 PM

Garage
To the Dealer. You may need a good relationship in the future. If only to buy parts.

ride safely,

ExTex, Ark. ABATE 20 webmaster

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Honda CB500FA (Red/White)
1989 Honda Interceptor 250 (Red/White/Blue)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 12:16 PM

Garage
Bay area = San Francisco area? In USA, all you need is photos and receipts to prove that the work was done. I keep a log book of fuel and maintenance work, plus pictures from a digital camera.

Additionally, I have never needed the warranty. The motorcycle warranty in the US is typically one year, which doesn't get most folks to their first valve adjustment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus...s_Warranty_Act

John '14CB500XA (White), '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold, White)

1st bike: a slightly used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 01:29 PM

They can't void a warranty in the State of California for not taking it back for the first service. PERIOD!! You can do it all yourself, and "NO" you don't need any type of documentation in the State of California.

I changed my own oil at 600 miles. Also in this state you can use any oil you choose or filters without reprucusions. They simply can't void a warranty in this state. We also have a lemon law and you don't need to take it back 3 times to use that either. It can be implamented even with only one issue.

California have the best most aggressive consumer protections laws with vehicles bar none.

Last edited by sonicboom; 08-28-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page