Honda UK Recall on the 2013 CBR500R, CB500X and CB500F - Page 6 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 08:34 PM

mine is booked for next wednesday, i am gonna try to test ride a vfr800 while they do the work

Quote:
The wanted number of bikes is always n+1 where n is how many you currently own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Got my letter yesterday, got a section for them to fill out and put on system so its noted I guess in future so know its been done!

Thanks

Lee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CBR500r Tri-colour ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

I received the recall notice through the post yesterday. The back page has a section for the dealer to fill in and stamp to say the work has been done and then it has to be sent back to Honda.

White 2013 Honda CB500X ABS

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 07:32 AM

Garage
Just a warning to those who may be planning, like me, to take their bike to a dealer they didnt originally purchase their bike from. I got my used CBR from a dealer quite far from where I live, so phoned my nearest dealer. They asked if I bought the bike from them, I said no. The guy then said well we are prioritising our own customers so it will be a 2 month waiting list! This is Smiths Honda near Chester.
Phoned the next nearest dealer in Rochdale, he said fine no problem, will order the parts in and let you know. When I mentioned the problem I had with previous dealer he said well sounds like they dont want the work. Then when I told him who the dealer was he confirmed that was probably why they gave the 2 month waiting time. As it is its going to be quite a long bike ride to take it to Rochdale so I am wondering how much success I would get if I wrote to Honda UK asking compensation for the petrol and extra miles put on the bike through no fault of my own.

Honda CBR 500RA Tri colour 2013

Suzuki GSXR 750 phantom grey K7
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

I was told its a safety recall by honda uk and should be carried out as soon, as possible, my annual service is in May and was goin to wait until then less than 2 months but said do soon as, its goin in week monday.
I was told no money for loan bike my dealer charges for any other expenses i.e petrol, from Honda Uk to.

Thanks

Lee

CBR500r Tri-colour ABS
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 07:56 AM

Garage
Well I had mine done this morning at Rochdale Honda. Very helpful and friendly guys there with 1 of only 6 Honda master mechanics in the UK. He did the work in the expected 40 mins and didnt even need to take the left fairing off.
If you still need your bike doing and are in the vicinity I highly recommend them. They even have a nice sofa and coffee machine to relax you while the work is done!

Honda CBR 500RA Tri colour 2013

Suzuki GSXR 750 phantom grey K7
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 03:16 PM

Hey guys, will having t-rex frame sliders on my bike make it more difficult for the dealer to swap out the engine bolt? I need to bring my bike in as it is affected by the recall but I'm unsure if I should wait until after the service to install the frame sliders. I am also going to put a slip on a slip on exhaust, will this affect warranty or the service?
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 07:00 AM

Just bought a practically brand new 63 plate cbr500r and sure enough its in for recall aswel! It had a pre delivery service from the Honda garage before i picked it up, so surely they should of done it then? Not too sure so will have to try book it in sometime soon...
Oh amd does anyone know what work they actually have to do? Ive just fitted R&G crash protectors so dont want them to have to remove them to do the recall.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page