Honda UK Recall on the 2013 CBR500R, CB500X and CB500F - Page 3 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 01:50 PM
DkD

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagus View Post
..., but my bike is consuming engine oil - over 300ml in the past 1500 miles.
I know you've mentioned that before but it really doesn't sound right that's loads of oil.

As you say, I'm sure you would have noticed that if it was the rocker bolt.

Really hope they sort that out for you. So far my experience with Chiswick has been pretty good.

asparagus likes this.

Don't mess with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Last edited by DkD; 03-11-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Yep mine is on the list doh will book it in today, typical last week fitted t-rex frame sliders that cover one of the bolts some better not kick up a stink or ask me to remove them first!!!

EDIT: booked in but god talk about how things have changed, only need a courtesy bike for few miles and now my stealer charges 18 a day! and still need to make sure I have added fuel to it!
Reckoned that Honda UK wont pay either for it even though its there recall. So thats twice been done over now first on valve check and now this sure it was same guy in servicing spoke to before as well.

Thanks

Lee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CBR500r Tri-colour ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lee1980; 03-12-2014 at 06:25 AM.
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 07:55 AM

just called honda uk- gave my registration and the operator told me they there is a recall on my honda cbr 500R (2013- 13 plate), told to contact my neareast honda dealer....

Called johns of romford, they guy took my details down and told me he will call me back to book me in.

errrggggghhh the only annoying thing would be i wont be on 2 wheels, unless they give me a loan bike!!!

Viper rs131 bluetooth helmet
iphone 5 waterproof mount
Red reflective speed tapered rim tape
Two brothers exhaust black edition
Sae permanant baterry connector lead
Sae usb connector
Oxford rear seat pillion grip cover
Tank pad
Almax immboliser 19mm chain, series IV
Squire SS65CS lock
Y anchor y-max 90
Oxford disc lock
Oxford sports heated hot grips
Carbon hexagon tax disc holder

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1980 View Post
Yep mine is on the list doh will book it in today, typical last week fitted t-rex frame sliders that cover one of the bolts some better not kick up a stink or ask me to remove them first!!!

EDIT: booked in but god talk about how things have changed, only need a courtesy bike for few miles and now my stealer charges 18 a day! and still need to make sure I have added fuel to it!
Reckoned that Honda UK wont pay either for it even though its there recall. So thats twice been done over now first on valve check and now this sure it was same guy in servicing spoke to before as well.
that doesn't sound right Lee, sounds like an awful dealer. Are there any others in your area? The recall does definitely have to be for free - I think it might even mention it on the website. Don't pay for it - if needed call Honda UK and get an email or some confirmation from them that they'll cover it. Sounds like the dealer just wants to double charge for it.

As for loaner bike, I always get one when I leave my bike in, for free of course. This Friday they'll only have a scooter because it was short notice, fair enough.

CB1100
SOLD: 2013 CB500F ABS - white - Honda hugger, Oxford heated grips, 12v socket, Givi rack and topbox, LeoVince GP Corsa slip-on, Givi Easylock panniers, Puig Naked NewGen screen
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagus View Post
that doesn't sound right Lee, sounds like an awful dealer. Are there any others in your area? The recall does definitely have to be for free - I think it might even mention it on the website. Don't pay for it - if needed call Honda UK and get an email or some confirmation from them that they'll cover it. Sounds like the dealer just wants to double charge for it.

As for loaner bike, I always get one when I leave my bike in, for free of course. This Friday they'll only have a scooter because it was short notice, fair enough.
The recall work is free its cost of the loan bike to get me to work that are 18 a day.
I have sent a mail to Honda UK.

I did a 100 mile round trip for first service as local dealer was over a 100 more, but for this to far to go!

Thanks

Lee

CBR500r Tri-colour ABS
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

My dealer said it will take about an hour so I am going to take it to them and wait. There's a McDonalds over the road so I will grab some breakfast and then walk back over and talk to the friendly sales staff. I might even book a test ride on something.

Actually Lee why dont you do that you get a free loan bike if its a test ride ;-)

White 2013 Honda CB500X ABS
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
My dealer said it will take about an hour so I am going to take it to them and wait. There's a McDonalds over the road so I will grab some breakfast and then walk back over and talk to the friendly sales staff. I might even book a test ride on something.

Actually Lee why dont you do that you get a free loan bike if its a test ride ;-)
Thats good to know, as more than likely mine will be on the list too. Shall sit in the dealer and play on my PS Vita!

Honda CBR 500RA Tri colour 2013

Suzuki GSXR 750 phantom grey K7
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 10:21 AM

mine is on the list too, 1 hour job they said, coffee and an egg mcmuffin then, maybe check the bikes on the showroom and the sales girls...
Tatey333 likes this.

Quote:
The wanted number of bikes is always n+1 where n is how many you currently own
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy View Post

I should be so lucky, if i was to do that need to return test bike in an hour or so they wont let me keep it work all day lol, and really point to is dont want to take time off work either even to ride a cool bike! when its not my fault work needs doing!

Thanks

Lee

CBR500r Tri-colour ABS
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 11:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1980 View Post
I should be so lucky, if i was to do that need to return test bike in an hour or so they wont let me keep it work all day lol, and really point to is dont want to take time off work either even to ride a cool bike! when its not my fault work needs doing!
Why didnt you just book it in on a weekend or a day when you havent got work?

Sam!

1: 2012 CBF125 (sold May 2013)
2: 2013 CBR500R (sold April 2014)
3: 2014 CBR600F (sold May 2015)
4: 2015 Triumph Daytona 675

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page