Honda UK Recall on the 2013 CBR500R, CB500X and CB500F - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSmith View Post
Oh, and one more thing. Do you guys think I should put the stock can back on when I take it in? I suppose they could technically say that that modification voids the warranty
I wont be changing mine back when I take mine in.

White 2013 Honda CB500X ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1980 View Post
Doh, not got my bike with me to check but will check later, will sticky this somewhere!

I got my bike last may so most likely to be one!
If you have your Honda owners card with you for the free Breakdown it has the VIN number on there.

post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkD View Post
Lee - you can just call a Honda dealer. They should be able to check via the reg number. That's how they did mine but yep afraid I think it's part of the recall batch.
Mine luckily local on way to work, will check myself tonight, lol take longer to get through to someone who can help there!

Thanks

Lee
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CBR500r Tri-colour ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
Yeah Honda UK are a bit slow with the letters maybe they are waiting to get enough stock in first.
Just spoke to my dealer and they're saying that this recall only came out to them today. I find that a little hard to believe since the recall for the US was issue sometime back in mid feb. I think the date was something around the 16th. Thinking of calling Honda UK themselves and asking them when they issued it. Am I the only one getting annoyed by this?

Sam!

1: 2012 CBF125 (sold May 2013)
2: 2013 CBR500R (sold April 2014)
3: 2014 CBR600F (sold May 2015)
4: 2015 Triumph Daytona 675
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just spoke to my dealer and they're saying that this recall only came out to them today. I find that a little hard to believe since the recall for the US was issue sometime back in mid feb. I think the date was something around the 16th. Thinking of calling Honda UK themselves and asking them when they issued it. Am I the only one getting annoyed by this?
After reading the article on Visordown I am more annoyed at Hondas QA which did have a good reputation but after this its loosing it!!.

The rocker arm shaft bolts of 2013 model-year machines may have received a non-approved anti-corrosion coating during construction.

It follows recalls over a similar issue in Australia and Japan.

Honda America became aware of the problem after receiving three warranty claims over oil leaks in July 2013. Two weeks later Honda’s factory in Thailand identified a motorcycle destined for another market that had also received the incorrect coating on a retaining bol
t.

Last edited by Baggy; 03-11-2014 at 12:22 PM.
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
If you have your Honda owners card with you for the free Breakdown it has the VIN number on there.
lol no as one side somewhere as have AA for car to lol!

Thanks

Lee

CBR500r Tri-colour ABS
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Before the internet, you would never know until a letter landed on your door mat or happened the dealer called you etc.

Thanks

Lee

CBR500r Tri-colour ABS
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkD View Post
Just called Honda (Chiswick) and the very helpful lady said mine is also part of the recall - I doubt any early models will be excluded really.

Booked in for this Friday afternoon..

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to wait for the letter but best get it sorted soonest I guess.
I think i just talked to the same lady. Mine's coming in Friday morning.

My rocker bolts seem perfectly fine, but my bike is consuming engine oil - over 300ml in the past 1500 miles. Not happy about that and will get them to look at it while the bike is in.

CB1100
SOLD: 2013 CB500F ABS - white - Honda hugger, Oxford heated grips, 12v socket, Givi rack and topbox, LeoVince GP Corsa slip-on, Givi Easylock panniers, Puig Naked NewGen screen
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
they didn't know about it. I spoke to Honda Chiswick last week, asking specifically about the recall, and said that there is nothing in the UK yet. So if anything you can be angry with Honda UK rather than your dealer, for being slower to issue the bulletin to dealers compared with US/OZ/Canada.
Baggy likes this.

CB1100
SOLD: 2013 CB500F ABS - white - Honda hugger, Oxford heated grips, 12v socket, Givi rack and topbox, LeoVince GP Corsa slip-on, Givi Easylock panniers, Puig Naked NewGen screen
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Oh, and one more thing. Do you guys think I should put the stock can back on when I take it in? I suppose they could technically say that that modification voids the warranty
No they could not technically say that. No modification of the bike voids the warranty on unrelated components/parts of the bike. Sure if your aftermarket can blows up they won't repair it. But any other issue not related to exhaust (e.g. rocker shaft bolt) will be repaired under warranty.

CB1100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page