Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Popping my CB500 cherry

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  sashsania 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
My name is Raphael and I live in Maple Ridge, BC, Canada.
I've been riding a 1985 Suzuki 800 Intruder (which is actually a 750cc). I love this bike but she does not like the cold, wet winters, and I need a reliable commuter. As a result, and after much researching, I decided to buy a new 2016 Honda CB500F with ABS. As I write this she's still waiting in the showroom for me to pick her up. I'm chomping at the bit here to go for a ride, but we're still getting over a particularly nasty winter here. Since I purchased the bike in Kelowna, I need to ride her home to Maple Ridge over some mountain passes.
As it turns out, my dad sadly passed away January 18 this year. My mom decided that this bike would be a great reminder of my dad, and has generously bought it for me. I will treasure her (my mom, and the bike) hopefully for many years to come.

Sorry for the long winded intro... I look forward to hearing members' stories, learning about these bikes and getting to know some of you.

Cheers, and happy riding,

Raphael

#2 ·
Hello and welcome.

Sorry to hear about your dad. My uncle died last year and left me his car, which was of little use to me as it was adapted for his disabilities. With my Aunt's permission I sold it on to a lady who also needed those adaptations and used the money to buy my CBR500R. Like you, I treasure the memories.

Reactions: iliodi
#3 ·
Welcome Raphael,

A great way to remember your Dad. Ride safely & enjoy.

A lot of Canadian owners in this forum, maybe you can hook up a ride with some.

I really appreciate the ABS on my CB500F.

Have a good riding season

#5 ·
Raphael, welcome aboard! Pick a safe day to bring the new bike home. I suspect you'll like the modern attributes of the Honda...the fuel injection is great in terms of cold weather starting and potential issues.

Be safe out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.