How-To: Install flush-mount LED front turn signals on the CBR500R - Page 4 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2014, 09:57 AM

Hey Nick, can you post the links to the non LED flush mount turn signals you bought for your CBR500R?

::: Edit :::

I feel these are it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Smoke...c8bc1f&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Clear...c883d2&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Motorc...0c0550&vxp=mtr

Last edited by livelite; 02-27-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 03:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Hey Nick, can you post the links to the non LED flush mount turn signals you bought for your CBR500R?
Those are the ones I got.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: CBR500R ABS : Seat Cowl : Tire Hugger : R&G Tail Tidy : MotoDynamics Sequential LED Tail Light : New Gen 2-Way Spy Alarm : R&G Frame Slider : 6500K HID Headlights : Red Anodized Gel Grips : R&G Frame Slider : Custom Flush Mount Signals : Red Reflective Rim Tape : Nobunaka Rearsets : Healtech GIPro DS : Shoei GT Air Helmet : Scala Rider G9 Bluetooth Communication System : Awesome bike friends to hang out :
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=livelite;266033]Hey Nick, can you post the links to the non LED flush mount turn signals you bought for your CBR500R?

::: Edit :::

I feel these are it:

Carbon Clear Flush Mount Turn Signal Light Lamp for Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha | eBay

Alright i'm in!...lol I've been putting off buying these, but I can't take looking at the "cat whiskers" any longer. Really like the clean look Nick2 has on his bike. For $10.99 you can't beat them.

Millennium Red, ASV Shorty Levers, Leo Vince Corsa GP Exhaust, R&G Tail Tidy, PSR SBK Pegs, Flush Front Turn Signals

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 02:05 PM

I installed these and think they look pretty decent. Black Clear Flush Mount Turn Signals for Honda Kawasaki Suzuki Yamaha | eBay

The wiring colors are horrible. in the real world Red= positive Black = negative. these the black white was the negative and the black was a positive. weird
pics after install

post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-23-2014, 12:07 AM

Flushmount

Got the flushmounts, had trouble figuring how to mount, saw killers post

You have to remove bulb, drill 10mm size hole, find a bolt that has a small head (have to fit a lightbulb in there somewhere), and use pre existing holes to mount, with washers and nuts

Wiring was garbage, i cut off stock to headlight connecter and rewired from instructions in previous post

will post pictures when i put everything together this weekend.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 05:10 AM

Garage
This is how I did mine

Clean, simple and inexpensive. Here is a video of the finished product along with switchback leds: Custom Flush Mount Signals

Also, make sure you put blue locktite on the screw holes indicated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3898.jpg (186.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3897.jpg (151.4 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3862 Locktite.jpg (155.7 KB, 137 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: CBR500R ABS : Seat Cowl : Tire Hugger : R&G Tail Tidy : MotoDynamics Sequential LED Tail Light : New Gen 2-Way Spy Alarm : R&G Frame Slider : 6500K HID Headlights : Red Anodized Gel Grips : R&G Frame Slider : Custom Flush Mount Signals : Red Reflective Rim Tape : Nobunaka Rearsets : Healtech GIPro DS : Shoei GT Air Helmet : Scala Rider G9 Bluetooth Communication System : Awesome bike friends to hang out :
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 09:24 PM

Nick2
Nice work. I just picked up a pair of the clear flush mounts. I am going to start with the plug and play version first... But I am curious... Did you use the tape at all? Also I think I read on one of the posts that you ordered the led flasher relay from Honda. How did that work out?
Thanks
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2 View Post
Those are the ones I got.

Just curious as to how you got them to stay on when they're not blinking? Did you splice the orange and white into the positive wire?
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:44 AM

Pic of my flush mount. Suits the colour of the bike imo being clear lense and White bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (107.9 KB, 43 views)
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 06:24 AM

Garage
Lightbulb

Hi all,

I was search youtube and found an interesting Flush mount tutorial with a turn signal made for CBR500R. They are beautiful (specially the smoked ones) and clean, very easy to install. Can't say the same for the Flasher Relay, since we have to take off the fuel tank for that. But I liked a lot the clean solution they found. I think it would be easier to install resistors inside the turn signals.
Since I still can't insert links to my posts, I'll put here the video titles. Search them on youtube:

Flash signal Instalation: How to install LED Flushmount Turn Signals on a Honda CBR500R by TST Industries

Flasher Relay Installation: How to install an LED Flasher Relay on a Honda CBR500R by TST Industries

Prices:
  • Flushmount LED: 14,99
  • Plug Converter for Honda: $5,99
  • LED FLASHER RELAY: $24.99

Hope this helps.

--
Alex
CBR500R 2016 Model
Black/Orange

Last edited by alexantao; 12-21-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page