How-To: Install flush-mount LED front turn signals on the CBR500R - Page 3 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 04:13 PM

Garage
I tried the protons for the 07-096 600rr as Highspeedtech suggested but it sits too high. I'm thinking about these generic ones as they are very visible looking from the front and side. Also, they are not LED so no worries about hyper flashing signals. Anyway, if function before fashion, this one will probably be ok...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 04:20 AM

Garage
Got these puppies installed and they look and function great! Guess I'll be rockin' these for now.

iddo and sept1flood like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: CBR500R ABS : Seat Cowl : Tire Hugger : R&G Tail Tidy : MotoDynamics Sequential LED Tail Light : New Gen 2-Way Spy Alarm : R&G Frame Slider : 6500K HID Headlights : Red Anodized Gel Grips : R&G Frame Slider : Custom Flush Mount Signals : Red Reflective Rim Tape : Nobunaka Rearsets : Healtech GIPro DS : Shoei GT Air Helmet : Scala Rider G9 Bluetooth Communication System : Awesome bike friends to hang out :
post #23 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 04:31 AM

Garage
Added a short video: http://youtu.be/cyM-y8BWhds
mil098 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: CBR500R ABS : Seat Cowl : Tire Hugger : R&G Tail Tidy : MotoDynamics Sequential LED Tail Light : New Gen 2-Way Spy Alarm : R&G Frame Slider : 6500K HID Headlights : Red Anodized Gel Grips : R&G Frame Slider : Custom Flush Mount Signals : Red Reflective Rim Tape : Nobunaka Rearsets : Healtech GIPro DS : Shoei GT Air Helmet : Scala Rider G9 Bluetooth Communication System : Awesome bike friends to hang out :

Last edited by Nick2; 11-29-2013 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Moved video to another channel

post #24 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 04:52 AM

Nick, they look great.

Any chance you can show a photo of the back side of the actually indicators?

i.e. how it attaches to the fairing.

Also if possible what are the dimensions of the indicator

Last edited by mil098; 11-28-2013 at 04:58 AM.
post #25 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 06:30 PM

Garage

I had to buy the big washer at Lowe's. It's exactly the same size as the ones that comes with the Protons and mounts exactly the same as well.

I had to drill a hole in the center of the base plate underneath the bulb. I also used a washer between the base and the screw (not shown in this picture).

Honda CBR 900RR 929RR 954RR Surface Mount Turn Light | eBay

Dimensions in the link. This is the two-wire version which I bought for my gf's CBR250R. I also like the amber lens so I'm going to swap them out since the 250R come with the clear lens originally.

post #26 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-29-2013, 04:24 AM

Thanks Nick, I'm going to copy what you did. I like it, and I like how it's visible from front and sides.
Nick2 likes this.
post #27 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 10:06 PM

Garage
Thank you everyone for the comments. So, the number of possibilities of this type of flush mount is almost endless. This is the carbon version (faux carbon) of the light cover. I also ordered the amber version just to see how it looks as the original light stalk has the amber ones.

The subdued lens color matches well.

The brightness of the dark lens is still very visible. This is a picture with the left signal on. I just ordered a switchback LED bulb for this flush mount to have a white running light and still have the amber turn signals. It will look great aesthetically but now will need a load resistor for the LED bulb.

post #28 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2 View Post
lol I guess I didn't do enough research on the flush mount turn signals. I linked your video in another post about these turn signals and spoke with Mike over at High Tech Speed.
post #29 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 09:16 PM

Garage
Hey Mario. And what did Mike say? Is it ready yet?

post #30 of 40 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Wouldnt mind something like that on my F. Any F riders out there who have something similar on their bikes let me know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page