How-To: Install flush-mount LED front turn signals on the CBR500R - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad View Post
Now, I didn't bother with the daytime running function, so I'm not entirely sure how you'd figure that one into the equation here. I would imagine that you would just splice it together with the solid wire, but I'm no electrical engineer.
You can't have the position light function with any of these flush-mounts. I have yet to see any that have the circuitry to support it. The position lights are purely a North American thing, so none of these cheap Asian lights have them, nor do the more expensive ones (like Protons), nor do the very expensive European designed ones like Rizoma.

If you go with flush mounts, you give up the position lights. But you can use that extra wire as the power source for an LED strip or other cool lighting that would serve the same purpose. Connect the positive lead from the LED strip to that wire and the negative to the common ground.

Current: 2014 Triumph Tiger 800 - 1975 Yamaha XS650 (in pieces) - 1971 Honda CL175 Scrambler
Previous: 2013 Honda CB500F - 2009 Kawasaki KLX250SF - 2001 Suzuki GS500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-21-2013, 11:34 PM

I rock these as well. The smoke tinted ones. Love how they make the bike look. F the oem lights, eww!

2013 Honda CBR 500R
• Dunlop Q3 Tires • Leo Vince GP Corsa Slip • Driven TT Rearsets • Vortex Clip-Ons • R&G Tail Tidy • Puig Windscreen • Flush Front Signals • ProGrip SuperBike 699 Grips • Rear Seat Cowl • 8k HID Kit • RK Racing Chain • JPR Shorty Levers • ProGrip Tank Pad • Motul 300v •

My YouTube Page - AmongstxThexSheep

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

💀The Black Bike Clan💀
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 12:56 AM

Nice job...was looking to this myself -wasnt sure how much of a hassle it would be - looks like Ill be hitting ebay and doing some mods sooner than I thought...

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

i have the same mount but the guys installed it did not remove any fairing from the bike.

this model looks cool on cbr500r.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 03:48 PM

changing turn signal w/o removing fairings

[QUOTE=Darrenbie;30431]I did the same but without removing the fairings. Used the same LEDs.

do you have any pictures or video (videos preferable) of you changing ur turn signals w/o removing your fairings, because im trying to do the samething
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 05:47 PM

[quote=emo_nwa;104409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenbie View Post
I did the same but without removing the fairings. Used the same LEDs.

do you have any pictures or video (videos preferable) of you changing your turn signals w/o removing your fairings, because im trying to do the same thing

removing the fairing/s is not difficult.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-23-2013, 11:30 PM

[quote=emo_nwa;104409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenbie View Post
I did the same but without removing the fairings. Used the same LEDs.

do you have any pictures or video (videos preferable) of you changing ur turn signals w/o removing your fairings, because im trying to do the samething
Sorry but I didn't make a video while installing mine. Here is a link on the steps I followed.

http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/ap...signals-3.html

Ride Safe....
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 PM

Looks a lot like these but the listing says CBR600, and doesn't say CBR500 compatible.
Think these would work?

Smoke Euro Flush Mount LED Turn Signals for Honda CBR 600 929 954 1000 RR F4i | eBay
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad View Post
SO, what are our conclusions on this project? Well, I personally love the new look, muuuuuch sleeker. The project doesn't come without its drawbacks, however. I didn't bother with wiring in any resistors, so the bike thinks the bulbs are out and thus the blinkers go at double-speed. IMHO, I think this is fine. I don't know about anyone else, but I find myself taking special notice of blinkers on vehicles going twice as fast as normal, it's sort of a bug-to-the-light effect I guess .. hopefully other drivers have the same curiosity that I do. Lastly, there's the visibility aspect. Yes, they're not as noticeable head-on as stock, but you'll just have to make the decision yourself as to whether or not you're okay with that in the name of better looks. As you can tell from my head-on shot, they're still quite there, so I think it'll be alright.
Does it make the rear blinkers blink 2x as fast as well?
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psteng19 View Post
Does it make the rear blinkers blink 2x as fast as well?
Yep, sure does. I'm sure it could be fixed with a new relay, but I couldn't find a proper one the last time I looked. Also, the location of the stock flasher relay is in an annoying spot to reach, so I'm just riding as is for now.

2013 CBR500R ABS - MAH BABY
2014 Mazda3s - For when it's cold outside

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page