How-To: Remove the fairings of the 2013 CBR500R - Page 4 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Is really quite easy to get to

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanski View Post
I just put my hand inside the fairing and pushed the tab out from inside. Mine pops out fairly easy.

Don't pull from out side, push it out. I didn't push down on it like victorberr said, I just put pressure from inside and out it popped
Maybe that explains why i had such a difficult time.... :P I was doing it wrong! Sorry for the bad advice

2013 CBR500RA Tricolor
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 07:10 PM

Finally! Got the darn cowl off. Did it by using my thumb on the lower cowl piece to push it in and off the the retaining tab while pulling out the middle piece at the same time. Mine wasn't easy and took a bit of force.

Unfortunately in the process of taking off the fairing, I scratched the upper cowl in the top right corner over the head light. I don't think touch up paint for the tricolour is available yet in Canada? I ended up getting a scratch repair pen for a Hyundai white that is a close enough match.

2013 Honda CBR500RA Tri-Colour
Mods:
The2Wheels 3D levers
eBay fork preload caps
Race Tech linear fork springs
Race Tech Gold Valve emulators
Ohlins S46DR1 rear shock
Yoshimura R77 Slip-On
Guia Craft CNC Frame Sliders

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 11:58 AM

Have printed and framed this great diagram and used it several times now.. thanks!

Just a note to anyone having trouble getting those two top tabs undone... to remove they slide up and towards the back of the bike.... or you can just pull and lose one like i did
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 10:19 AM

Very helpful diagram and information. Quick one, I am planning to remove left fairing. This velcro mentioned everywhere, is it part of it or no?

Any tips or advice for the left side? I am in no rush and going to take my time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page