How-To: Remove the fairings of the 2013 CBR500R - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 11:55 AM

thanks buddy...thats a great picture! Printing off now in full color, I will have my fairing replaced in no time...thanks bro!!!!!!

Empty parking lots and wheelies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Honda CBR 500R (tri-color)
Leo Vince Corsa GP exhaust

Keep Calm Chive On!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 10:01 AM

Awesome picture! I've been waiting for something like this, does anyone have a picture of what the CBR500R looks like without the fairings? How similar does it look the the CB500F?
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-13-2013, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus3617 View Post
Awesome picture! I've been waiting for something like this, does anyone have a picture of what the CBR500R looks like without the fairings? How similar does it look the the CB500F?
Looks reasonably close, though some wiring and such is exposed on the kickstand-side and that might not be good. I forgot to take a pic with just the fairings removed. But, somewhat related, here's a shot with the whole front end off .. I think it looks kinda badass, haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130813_121934.JPG (582.5 KB, 212 views)

2013 CBR500R ABS - MAH BABY
2014 Mazda3s - For when it's cold outside

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad View Post
Yeah, I've had the whole front end of the thing apart a few times now. There are 2 small silver bolts buried behind the headlight assembly (in addition to the one bolt on the bottom of the headlight and 2 screws on the sides where the fairings attach), so it's pretty much impossible to get the front cowl/windscreen off without taking the entire unit off the bike.

Thankfully that's not TOO horrible to do, just get both fairing side pieces off and go at the 2 silver bolts & nuts (you'll know they're the right ones if the nuts have a round cap facing outward instead of just being a regular nut) that are holding the metal bracket that attach the headlight assembly to the frame. You'll need a long-ish extension for your socket wrench to get at them, just turn the handlebars from side to side to expose them.

Be sure to disconnect the 2 wiring connectors on the kickstand-side of the bike up near the gastank, those are for lights and gauges. Lastly, when you loosen up and remove the topmost bolt and nut, the whole assembly will come down and the bottom of the headlight will rest on your front fender, so be wary of that!

I just whipped it up in Photoshop real quick
didn't see the hex bolts behind the bracket. cheers Toad
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

that is great info toad.
thanks a lot.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad View Post
Here's a little visual on how to do this slightly annoying procedure for anyone that's wondering. After you figure out what needs to be done first, it's not too bad, I promise.

In a nutshell, thank you thank you thank you. I'm putting on a new middle and outer fairing this weekend and this will be super handy. Long story short, foot on leaves and out from underneath me it went. Doh! Yes, lesson learned and frame sliders purchased.
Nemesis3 likes this.

2013 CBR500R ABS, Red
ASV levers, Moth rearsets, Puig R12 Crash Pads

I like big mutts and I cannot lie.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 11:26 PM

^ What he said, this saved me from burning the service book on the HID install. Thanks greatly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Bikes, Guns and other stuff

Twitter:
/ My Company:

2013 Honda CBR500R - Red
HID headlight retrofit (DIY), Two Bros Black Edition Slip-on, LED custom blinkers

My Guides:

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 11:55 PM

Glad Youre okay

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2013 Red CBR500R Non ABS
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 12:58 AM

Nice post. Wish I had seen that pic before I stripped everything off. You have to watch those tabs when removing the fairings! I have a few less now
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 01:16 PM

Taking the nears side fairing off and have located all bolts, velcro and tabs along the top of the tank. Im stumped as to how to release the front section where it joins near to the head lights and i'm scared to force it incase i break anything anyone got any advice.
The fairing seems to be really tight around the indicator but apart from that section everything else is loose.

Anyone can be cool, but awesome takes practice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page