Who went from a CB500F to a Yamaha FZ-07 or FZ-09? - Page 9 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 03:39 PM

i've had a 500f for a few years now, rode my dad's fz09 when he got it. HUGE difference.

Took it out one day and low sided and broke my ribs even! haha

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque View Post
i've had a 500f for a few years now, rode my dad's fz09 when he got it. HUGE difference.

Took it out one day and low sided and broke my ribs even! haha
Hence the higher insurance rates.

Hope you're OK.
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 08:12 PM

The 2017 MT09 press release videos are showing up on youtube, it will be interesting to see what the price is.

Not sure if the styling is going to win many hearts, i'll have to see it in the flesh and dream what could be done with the licence plate arm bit.

Still have a month of L's to go, hard to resist dreaming / planning what my next bike will be once on a full licence.

post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeez View Post
The 2017 MT09 press release videos are showing up on youtube, it will be interesting to see what the price is.

Not sure if the styling is going to win many hearts, i'll have to see it in the flesh and dream what could be done with the licence plate arm bit.

Still have a month of L's to go, hard to resist dreaming / planning what my next bike will be once on a full licence.
44Teeth did a really good review on it. Seems like they really hit it out of the park with the addition of the: LED headlights, Slipper* clutch, standard ABS, better front suspension, and a tweaked seat.

I test road the 2016 version and the twitchy throttle was not completely gone but definitely not bad. Hopefully that has been perfected finally.

And yea ,that rear license plate holder doesn't do it for me either lol. Need to put a few thousand more miles on my CBR but looking to possibly pick one of these up late this year.

2015 CBR500R ABS
- Leo Vince Corsa GP Exhaust
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 11:29 PM

What about the Yamaha XSR900 as a third alternative upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
That would send the tank up into your head and then probably blow your balls off, if you have those.
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 07:50 AM

I was considering the FZ 07, and test rode one at Daytona bike week last spring. More power than I need!
Also hear in USA, anti lock brakes weren't an option till the 2017 model.
So I went with the cb500fa, I like that it only requires regular 87 octane, and gets better fuel mileage!
Also may keep me out of trouble with the law, and speeding tickets.
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespz03 View Post
What about the Yamaha XSR900 as a third alternative upgrade?
This is on my short list along with the Ducati scrambler when i get my full licence in around a years time as my GF is going retro / cafe with her styling and most of my riding will be as a hobby with her.
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-25-2017, 11:17 PM

Hahaha, this is funny. The thread is titled 'Who went from a cb500 to a FZ-07 or FZ-09'. Well you may as well add..
R1, ZX14, H2R and Jet Rocket bike.

People...THESE ARE ALL DIFFERENT BIKES. You need to know what your desire is and what capabilities are.

Gentleman (and ladies)....choose your bikes and start your engines.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page