CBR500R Primmed ver.2 - mod to the max - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by granteuk View Post
I've found a guy in Melbourne who can apparently re-flash the CBR500R ECU with a new programme. charges $470.
I'm waiting to hear from him how many 500s he's done and how many different maps he has to accomodate different mods

http://http://motorcycleworkshop.com.au/flash-tune-ecu/
Interesting... although I don't think for the not-so-common mods done on my bike that a mail-in reflash would be ideal. Once you start going above and beyond the typical bolt-ons, it really requires a proper dyno session. Certainly for the usual slip-ons, full exhaust, air filter, changes they have sufficient experience to know the best tweaks though.

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granteuk View Post
I've found a guy in Melbourne who can apparently re-flash the CBR500R ECU with a new programme. charges $470.
I'm waiting to hear from him how many 500s he's done and how many different maps he has to accomodate different mods

http://http://motorcycleworkshop.com.au/flash-tune-ecu/
As I said Honda ECUs are quite well protected and I'm not aware that they would be be flashable (with a few exceptions mentioned earler)
From this guys website:
"Available for Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha"

Last edited by Oyabun; 07-04-2016 at 12:12 PM.
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the bike back from the dyno today following the touch up tune after modifying the airbox as described in the high flow airbox mod thread.
It loses 0.5-1.hp at 3300-4200rpm; gains 1-2hp 4500-6200 and again 8200-9600rpm, with the other ranges on par with prior.
A bit of a difference in the maps from before and after, with after being leaned out even more than standard.
Map file attached for those that are interested.

Not too bad of a gain for just making the airbox intake hole larger.
Note I had to swap from K&N pod style filter to Sprint filter which is of the oem design.

Attached Files
File Type: zip RevolutionRacing-160712.zip (1.1 KB, 4 views)

What makes
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tothezenith; 07-13-2016 at 08:53 AM.

post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 08:24 AM

Ttz, do you think the airbox mod will show the same results with a motor where no other modifications have been done, i.e. stock and with stock air filter?
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Ttz, do you think the airbox mod will show the same results with a motor where no other modifications have been done, i.e. stock and with stock air filter?
hard to say definitively. A while back there was debate whether running with or without the funnel did anything even on stock engines. The first tune a couple weeks ago, the tuner did find running without the funnel was better for my setup, and the bigger bike with this setup even better.

There is merit to stay there is a limitation with the airbox inlet. How much is gained by modifying it would be exponential to other mods done. The lid to the airbox (excluding funnel) is only $4 from the dealership, so a pretty cheap thing for anyone to give it a go.

What makes
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
doing commuting duties, and temptation is rife to go the long way home via a bit of mountain pass. Loving how much go the bike has these days and does make me wonder... is it currently the fastest CBR500R in my town, state, country, world?
Am certainly finding out what it is capable of, and glad I can contribute to the community to inspire others

What makes
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothezenith View Post
doing commuting duties, and temptation is rife to go the long way home via a bit of mountain pass. Loving how much go the bike has these days and does make me wonder... is it currently the fastest CBR500R in my town, state, country, world?
Am certainly finding out what it is capable of, and glad I can contribute to the community to inspire others
I'm just now getting into this bike. I actually did not know of its existence until a couple of weeks ago. I stumbled upon it while researching the 300cc Ninja and Honda to use as a second bike. LOL
Now I'm hooked.

So, with my very limited knowledge, I say...you just may be the king dick of the CB 500 world.
And that covers the entire planet, maybe even the universe.

Congratulations, I raise my glass to you.
tothezenith likes this.

Last edited by blipco; 07-14-2016 at 10:39 AM.
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 08:14 AM

Interestiny stuff. I'm cramming the 500 motor into a custom project, glad to see there's some work to be done to wake it up a bit.
tothezenith likes this.
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
CBR500R 1/4mile

one of the clips from last night at the drag strip.
Note haven't reset the shift lift since the mods yet, so it's triggering about 800rpm too early still. This is only my second (and a half, cause one other night got rained out after only one run) time taking a bike down the quarter, so don't expect a stellar performance. Can definitely go faster, next time I'd like to run it with some accessories removed and less fuel to reduce weight, and to swap the sprocket and chain back to the factory 41T for better comparison; the best report I've read is a 13.798@96mph, but most others I've read are getting in the 13.9-14.1s@88-92mph. My best on the night was a 13.375@97.62mph; I believe with less weight and sprocket change a 13.2@100 is definitely acheivable.
iliodi likes this.

What makes

Last edited by tothezenith; 07-21-2016 at 06:17 AM.
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 12:14 PM

That wet track looks hairy.
Good on you for enjoying your bike to the max. Keep at it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page