Where do you put your helmet? - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to ttttrigg3r
Where do you put your helmet?

Hi guys,
Just a fun poll. Where do you hang or store your helmet at home or at work, and would you ever buy a product (stand, hanger, etc) to use to store your helmet?

2013 CBR500R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 01:34 PM

At home I put helmet on a closet shelf or leave it in top case on bike, At work I put it the top case, on trips sometimes put it on mirror if only be away from bike a few minutes , other times on trips I take it indoors with me or put it in top case if not full. With a ratcheting chin strap there's no D-Ring to lock on . I have three different helmets & wear according to distance to hide & temperature. Winter & long trips fullface module, Around town in warmer weather 3/4 size , temperatures above95* short trip 1-3 miles half helmet which is used the least. The Nolan 3/4 helmet with full shield & flip down tinted inside visor most used. The fullface module is definitely the quietest & with earplugs is fantastic for touring. . " That's my Two cents about helmets. ". I wear a helmet 100% of the time while riding even though in Texas it's not required.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 02:54 PM

The Arai helmet sits on a shelf in a cabinet in the laundry room (just inside the entrance to the garage).

And I put the cloth cover the helmet came in, back over the helmet after each use.

Always wear a helmet and protective gear, even on 95 degree days.

No, I don't think I would use a stand or hanger, I think the helmet would more likely get scratched compared to how I store it now.

Cheers,

Snade

bike - - - > 2014 Honda CB500F (black)

car - - - > 2015 BMW 335i

life goals - - - > take things easy, be helpful and enjoy

"When a horse learns to buy martinis, I'll learn to like horses." Steve McQueen
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 03:44 PM

Garage
At work it just sits on my desk. At home it goes on a shelf in the helmet bag. In the winter it goes back in the original box.

2015 CBR500R
2007 RDX Tech
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 04:01 PM

Garage
At home, it sits on my coffee table. At work, it sits on my file cabinet. I don't think I'd be interested in yet another piece of furniture.

2016 CB500FA - "Lacy"
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 04:46 PM

Garage
Sits on top of a hutch cabinet in the house, on the bike I use a helmet lock I added to the bike.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 12:04 AM

I have a fancy Italian coat rack that came out of an office building. Looks like modern art. It has a round flat top. Perfect for sitting the helmet on top.
My riding jacket goes on one the hooks and my gloves are on the stairs.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 01:31 AM

Garage
i have a wall mounted black wire shelf that i put my helmet on... i leave it up there with the visor up so it can air out and dry through the bottom. i also have a 10' USB wire run up the wall to the shelf so i can charge the bluetooth after every ride.

2013 CBR500RA AC MILLENNIUM RED

Last edited by ooreelaxoo; 10-25-2016 at 02:39 PM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 02:01 PM

Garage
I have a spare room/office near the front door. I have dedicated shelves for helmets/shoes/gloves/accessories and I hang clothing in the closet right next to it.

At work I have an permanently empty desk next to mine so I usually put my helmet and gloves there and just hang my jacket on the back of my chair. We have a small locker room, but the lockers neither fit my helmet nor my jacket unless I cram it in there.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 10:12 PM

Garage
Mine sits on a bench in the laundry room which happens to be right next to where I park the moto each night, as do my gloves.

wendyjboss
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page