Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Good Price for a new 2016 CB500F

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  CB4ME 
#1 ·
I hope to be a proud owner of a 2016 CB500F in the next month or 2. The last 2 bikes I owned were a 2013 CB1100 purchased for $9929 out the door and a 2014 NC700X (manual) purchased for $6299 out the door. I was fortune in both purchases but am finding it difficult to achieve similar savings with the CB500F.

PowerSports of Crofton MD has several brand new 2016 CB500Fs in stock for a list price of $5099. Should I jump on one of these?

#4 ·
Made a down payment on a new 2016 CF500F today. They knocked down the list by $1100 to $4900. But this is Maryland and the total out-the-door price ended up at $6300. The shop is 55 miles away, and with high temperatures barely above freezing for the next 10 days, I asked them to deliver. The bike should be in my garage early next week. I'm pumped!

#5 ·
Cool!

Mine's been tucked up in the garage since early November. It's too cold and the roads are too salty for me to ride it at the moment. Come the better weather I'm looking forward to clocking up a few miles just for the sake of it.

#9 ·
They aggressively pushed the extended warranty when I purchased my bike ($499), painting an awful picture of everything that could possibly go wrong and how massively expense it would cost to repair things, The manager didn't want to hear that Honda's are reliable, saying his service department was overflow busy with super expensive repairs. Geez Louise, give me a break.

I feel bad for novice buyers falling for this heated pitch. Extended warranties are a money maker for dealerships, pure and simple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.