Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Power socket under seat.

11K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  GlenAnderson 
#1 ·
Hello all. New member to the forum here; I have a CB500F 2016 model. Under the riders seat there is a female power socket. It sits very close to the battery and has 2 wires; I have looked in the handbook but there is no mention of any such socket. It looks like it will take a 2 pin plug of some sort. Any ideas please? Ken.

#2 ·
#3 · (Edited)
I have one routed from the battery to the rear seat storage area that accepts a charger. Most dealerships will put those on the bikes, for some reason my dealership did not provide one, end up installing it myself. I have use those for years on all my bikes. I just had one come in handy the other day with my Bonneville the other day when the battery got low and the bike would not start. Just used that connection to jump the bike.

#4 ·
Hello, and welcome.

It's an ignition switched live and a neutral. The neutral is the plain green one. The connectors are "Sealed Sumitomo HM" type. The factory actually fit an empty plug shell, fitted with two sealing bungs, over the socket to keep the elements out. You can buy suitable pins and seals on eBay, and use the plug supplied by the factory, or you can set it aside and buy a complete new plug.

There's a second accessory power socket behind the fairing, on the left of the bike, at the front. I can sort you some pictures tomorrow if you like.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks gents. That sounds like the one on my bike Glen. The female pins have foam bungs in em. That sounds like it could be perfect for my TomTom mount which is at the moment direct from battery. Any pics would be useful; didn't know there was another socket at front. Into my shed when done on here. I really do appreciate the help. Ken.

#16 ·
Cheers. I was shattered yesterday after work, and I couldn't face uploading pictures and typing and retyping stuff. The video actually worked very much better than I'd hoped and, other than taking a while to upload, was pretty easy to do. I may repeat that method in future. ?

Reactions: Owlman
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.