Q: CB500f retrofit with Morimoto D2S mini 3.0 projectors - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Q: CB500f retrofit with Morimoto D2S mini 3.0 projectors

Hey all,

I've been looking around the forums and the netz, and found some guide for the CB300F (which requires some dremel work) and other bikes, but wanted to see if anyone had anyone had specifically retrofitted the CB500F headlight with the Morimoto mini D2S 3.0 projectors?

Going to attempt this soon, just wanted to get some thoughts and gotchas (if i need dremel work) from those who has done it.
Budgeting for a spare OEM headlamp in case I mess my current one too (using the bike daily for commute).

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 12:08 PM

Garage
Hi! I've been considering this upgrade as well and am almost certain will go ahead with it. I'm guessing you're thinking of the kit from The Retrofit Source (TRS)? From my conversations with TRS, it seems that although it depends on the shroud you choose, some type of dremel work will most definitely be required.

Do you have the link to the guide you found?

Keep us up to date on how your upgrade goes!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Hey @Owlman,

Yes, I was thinking about the TRS kit. I'm going to attempt this probably in Oct...out of budget now :P

The main guide that I found, which gave me some inspiration is from the DIY CB300F HID Retrofit on the CBR300 forums. I can't post any links yet, but it's easily searchable.

Though, the headlamp design seems to be slightly different. Will post up my results after i work on it!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLee View Post
Hey @Owlman,

Yes, I was thinking about the TRS kit. I'm going to attempt this probably in Oct...out of budget now :P
Same lol.

Here's a pretty good guide that I found on the CB1000R forum that might help: How To: HID Projector Headlight Retrofit

Also TRS has put out some helpful vids on their site and YouTube as well. Referencing all of these should help with your build.

I'm aiming for around the spring for mine. I'll look forward to your results!

Bert

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page