2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Thump 
#1 · (Edited)
so bikes done 25k - will do plugs when i buy them oil will be done tuesday

decided to check air filter

shouldnt have to use these but you do :D

unbolt seat take out battery :pissedoff

the bottom 2 screws are a massive pita

why is this not behind the side panel ffs

clean - phew as honda here want 50usd for one - seen them on ebay from usa for 19 usd but they wanted 22 to post it :D

needed this

calipers will come off later for a clean out hopefully i can get the rear one off without taking the exhaust off :frown

See less See more
#4 ·
Look through the hole, not through the mesh. My mesh side is always pretty clean, but in the hole (where the snorkel attaches, need to remove it too...) gets clogged up as this is where the air is entering the filter, not leaving.

#6 · (Edited)
Yeah, after 25k the other side is definitely dirty. The filter is routine maintenance. I would go ahead and crack the piggy bank and spring for a new one based on mileage (kilometerage?) alone.

Also, if you do replace your plugs I'd like to see the old ones. Do you think you could post a photo of them when you get to it? Thanks!

Reactions: Thump
#8 ·
Mine has 13K km and I wanted to check the filter; here in Asia you have to replace air filters sooner than in Europe or the US.
I gave up when I got to the lower two screws because I didn't have a short screw driver.
I don't have good tools anymore because here the mechanics work almost for free, so I don't get my hands dirty often anymore.
Even with a short screw driver (as shown in the first pic) it's a pain in the butt to get them things out, I rather let the Thais do it, they have smaller hands! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.