Handlebars mirror - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By soosliknj1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Handlebars mirror

Hazzup! Im currently in posses of a cb500f 2013 and i was thinking of changing my stock mirrors with handlebars ones, I've went to a honda dealer next to my house and i've been told that handle bars mirrors are not compatible with honda bikes. Im quite sure he IS wrong but yet again, he sells honda bikes so the doubt is a benefit he gets granted.

Anyone knows if handlebars mirror are mountable/compatible?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 06:24 PM

Get the round ones from Amazon for $25 for the 7/8 handlebars and they will fit perfectly. Taking out the weights from the bars is rough on this bike. Just did mine to put in bar end led turn signals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 11:06 PM

Generic bar end mirrors work just fine, you'll just have to remove the bar end and internal weights. Duct tape the bar end to the grip (very firmly), undo the screw with the biggest screwdriver you have, look up a video on removing the internal bar weights on a Honda motorcycle (basically, pull them out with 2 screwdrivers and/or a set or pliers).

They're so much better than stock - no more staring at your elbow and ducking down to get a view.

2014 Fiesta ST
1993 BMW 525i
2003 Honda CBR954RR
2014 CB500FA

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 11:07 PM

Agreed. $20 Amazon generic mirrors work way better than the stockers. I used my 18v hammer drill and the screws came out of the bar ends with ease. I left the factory bar weights in, reused the factory screw and made some small spacer/adapters to space the mirror mount slightly off the grips. Works great until about 80 and then they slowly start to rotate a little.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarrithers View Post
Agreed. $20 Amazon generic mirrors work way better than the stockers. I used my 18v hammer drill and the screws came out of the bar ends with ease. I left the factory bar weights in, reused the factory screw and made some small spacer/adapters to space the mirror mount slightly off the grips. Works great until about 80 and then they slowly start to rotate a little.
I couldn't for the life of me unscrew the bar end screw. Do they put lock tite or something on it? Tried biggest phillips screw driver I have, then tried a hammer drill.. Wouldn't budge, and no I did not strip it.

Any other tips to get this off?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.huntington@gmail.com View Post
I couldn't for the life of me unscrew the bar end screw. Do they put lock tite or something on it? Tried biggest phillips screw driver I have, then tried a hammer drill.. Wouldn't budge, and no I did not strip it.

Any other tips to get this off?
Mine came right off with the hammer drill and that's about the best way I can think to break them loose without wrecking the screw head. Might need to hit it a bit more with the hammer drill. Just make sure you press it tight into the screw head so you don't accidentally strip it.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by soosliknj1 View Post
Just did mine to put in bar end led turn signals
Awhaaat? If you have any pictures, mind sharing? That sounds pretty awesome
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAPuma View Post
Awhaaat? If you have any pictures, mind sharing? That sounds pretty awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LikeAPuma likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 11:15 AM

Garage
Those look awesome! Thanks for making me struggle with putting stock mirrors back on for this, or keep my bar end mirrors...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page