Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

New CB500F owner

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  hairnet 
#1 ·
Hello all,

UK based brand new CB500F owner here.

First impressions after the first 100 miles and a proper assessment:

~the bike feels like it's on rails and firmly planted; this is probably helped by the solid wheels after coming from a bike with spoked wheels

~I can take her down to 30 mph without the need to shift down gears (almost like riding a DCT bike and great for a lazier rider like me); excellent torque (although I'll work the gears whilst running in)

~the new tyres are bedding in nicely too.

~very comfy; I could ride this bike on a full tank of fuel without the need to rest / stretch; ergonomics are spot on (for me anyway).

This is going to be one nice bike.

Just need to get the first 600 mile done...

Ride safe.

:smile:

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Tidy; like me, the bike will really grow on her the more she rides it.

The only thing with the 2016 model is the lack of the pillion grab handles...but, hey...

Coincidentally, I spied a lovely 2013 CB600F Hornet at the dealer before settling on the CB500F, but I was too slow and didn't get a chance to even test ride it.

#13 ·
done 1000 miles on mine since april 3rd

on nearly 20k now :D

was gonna buy bar risers but dont think i need then - most of those miles were in two goes in two days and arms were only sore after caning it at 90+ on the motorway

seat is ok for that only needed to stand up twice to relieve pressure

need a screen and heated grips tho

where in wales (if) are you?? fancy horseshoe on sunday?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.