Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Which windscreen..

17K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Jamco 
#1 ·
I really do go back and forth, cant decide what one to invest in.

I have narrowed it down to 3 options

If there were only one of those out there that existed I would choose the one from PUIG because the style it adds to the bike is ravaging. But on some pictures from the front it comes out really tall. And by choosing the darkest ones, does it block out any view?

Have been looking for any threads or posts about the one from "Ermax" but cant seem to find any opinions about it. I think it gives the bike a little more "R look" And I say that from only looking at those pictures with white backgrounds. would be different if someone owning the bike takes pictures of it (Cant seem to find any!)

The Givi windscreen I have been hearing much good things about but I think it makes the bike look less aggresive.

I would like to foremost hear your opinions about the ones from "Ermax" and "PUIG" all experiences. But If you have tried out any of those but ended up with liking the "Givi" better then I would like to hear exactly why.

Best regards

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
This is a 19" national cycle windscreen which I like a lot for winter riding. They also make a 16" & 21" . I also have Puig which is around 14" high. If I was going to choose a screen again I would buy a National Cycle 16" high screen. This picture is a 19" N S.

Attachments

#7 ·
I live and drive in Norway So I will be driving first and foremost when its warmy outside. Tucked away in a garage during wintertime..
Really appreciate your answers by the way!

Could also post some pictures of my bike, Its all black. I professionaly painted all the not black parts black,
and because of the edges on the bike I think the PUIG screen seems more "in style" with the bike. But yes I do appreciate any answer :)

#23 ·
I put an MRA windscreen on my CB500F, which moved the wind up off of my chest.
The problem was, it made the wind noise much louder in my helmet at speeds over 30 mph.

After lots of re-adjusting, I determined there were a few choices:
1. bigger windscreen (good: will move the air over my helmet. bad: don't want to look through it, looks weird on the bike)
2. no windscreen

In the end, I simply removed the windscreen. I have gotten used to the feel of the wind.

Reactions: aasenyo
#25 ·
They are crazy expensive, but I just might grab one. $245 on Revzilla for the 16" in dark grey. Why no 16" in the light grey though?

This looks hella legit though. Bet it blocks the wind like a sunnuvagun. Probably way safer too with this, but fck it's ugly!

#26 ·
I'm with Nigel. My screen lasted about 150 miles before I took it off. Anything above 40mph and my head was getting buffeted around like crazy. It was a relief to have the wind on my chest again with it back off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.