Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Texas Riders

8K views 29 replies 24 participants last post by  Slevin 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, if your from Texas please sign in on this thread.

Specifically tho, if you would provide the following details it would be a great start to gauge interest on who would be up for a get together. I usually do these a couple times a year to ride the twisty and less traveled roads, scenic opportunities, enjoy riding and getting to know good people: Hill Country, Big Bend, Arkansas, etc, etc.

Bike: CB500F
Interested in a group ride where we all get together once or twice a year: Yes or No

Black Eye - Luke

#2 ·
Two Wheeled Texans (twtex.com) has monthly pie runs all over the state. :D The inaugural pie run started with a group from DFW posting a ride to Hico for pie. They had more riders from Houston show up! :confused: They usually have about 60 people show up with all kinds of bikes and usually a few old or unusual bikes!
The website has gone from sport touring to mostly dual sport.

Hico is about 100 miles (160 km) from Dallas. It's 250 (400) from Houston. The Hico run is always in January. You have to really like pie to ride 500 miles (800 km)! :eek:

I will be getting a 500x!

#3 ·
Dallas, TX here

Would be interested in local group rides

#18 ·
Have CB500F, will travel.

I'm in the DFW metroplex, FOR NOW. After a lifetime of heading to NW AR to ride, I've finally bought a place North of I 30 and just 2 miles from AR 7. I plan on transitioning to the new house over the next few years, but until I'm there full time I have a place to stay where I want to go anyway.

I've had my 500 up there already and it was brilliant fun. My favorite place to ride in the whole country.

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)
I do as many as I can during the spring and fall, summer is just too hot for me. I ride at MSRC (Motor Sports Ranch Cresson) with the RideSmart group. I highly recommend it, absolutely the best time on 2 wheels that one can have.

#23 ·
UR not that far from me.

#22 ·
#28 ·
I'm looking for riders in the Greater Houston Area! ... and riders even North East as far as Crockett, Huntsville, Conroe, Groveton, Corrigan, Livingston, Woodville..... mayyybee Lufkin depending on the route we ride and how far you'd care to ride. Post up! Send me a message! If you have reddit it may get my attention a lot faster if im not checking the forum enough. u/SpitFire500 PM there.

Ive got some great roads mapped out and am looking for non 600+cc riders to ride with!

#29 ·
My wife and I live just north of Dallas and love to ride (dirt or road) and would be interested in an organized ride, we do several Two wheeled Texan rideouts..

I also have a well stocked garage and am happy to help anyone that needs help on electrics or mechanics for their motorcycle, bring it to Princeton and I will either show you what to do or do it myself. I raced professionally for several years, built a 2 seater Rotorway helicopter and have rebuilt many bikes & engines over the last 40 years!! Always willing to help, just email me a gwaugh64 at gmail dot com

Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.