Installed: DENALI SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Air Horn (FINALLY) - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed: DENALI SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Air Horn (FINALLY)

Just as I was about to give-up, I FINALLY found a way to mount my Denali horn on my '14 CBR500r without major modifications, fabrications, or cutting up any fairings. It was pretty difficult finding finding something workable, as the inner fairing pieces take up most of the usable space under the fairings. In the end I had to use zip-ties, as there was no good place to use mounting bolts. The only permanent thing I had to do to the bike was to drill two holes in the bottom of the battery tray to thread zip-ties. Wiring was pretty simple, and I used the 5th circuit on my PDM60 (the only circuit that can be programed up to 20amps).

Here's the compressor. You can see the air-hose routed to the rear, as well as the ground wire terminated at the bolt directly bellow it. It BARELY clears the fairing, and may even be touching the inner fairing piece, but shouldn't be a problem. There was NO room on the left side, but if non-CA bikes don't have an EVAP canister, that would be a good spot for it too. Mine is CA version.

A couple shots of the horn. I reinstalled the left passenger peg after taking the picture. I pointed the opening forward to avoid junk kicked up from the rear tire. According to initial tests there are no clearance issues, but will test more extensively when I can borrow wife's weight. The air-hose was the perfect length.

2014 CBR500r
2008 Ninja 250r (passed down within the family)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 06:33 AM

Garage
Uau... Did you make any modification to the eletrical connections ?
I had something similar on my old custom bikes, but it was those sail horns, and mine was about 1 meter long.But the principle is the same: one air compressor that sends the air to the horn. (picture attached)

It drains a lot of current, so I had to make separate electrical wires and connections, I also used a relay so that it did not drains the current from the bikes wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myhorn.jpg (276.6 KB, 6 views)

--
Alex
CBR500R 2016 Model
Black/Orange
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Basically wired as instructed, but through my power distribution gadget. Denali came with a relay.

That's a creative way to spell Kawi... hurt my brain. Nice horn.

2014 CBR500r
2008 Ninja 250r (passed down within the family)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page