Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
I think you are right - it is an older population and maybe that accounts for fewer bikes on the road.
The roads are straight and flat here in Florida.
Humidity is bad from about May to September.
On the other hand .....
- Economy is mostly doing very well with 4.7 percent unemployment, solid employment growth and rising property values.
- The State income tax rate is zero.
- Property taxes are lower than where I came from in Chicago.
- Auto and motorcycle licensing fees are reasonable
- The State of Florida does not require insurance on motorcycles (I carry insurance).
- Mostly friendly people and it's nice to sit outside at restaurants 12 months a year.
- Cost of electricity is much lower than other states
- The State of Florida government has a balanced budget and no huge pension and debt time bombs that are hitting states like Illinois and New Jersey and forcing up taxes in those states.
The pizza mostly sucks in Florida, but I was spoiled on that in Chicago.
bike - - - > 2014 Honda CB500F (black)
car - - - > 2015 BMW 335i
life goals - - - > take things easy, be helpful and enjoy
"When a horse learns to buy martinis, I'll learn to like horses." Steve McQueen
Last edited by Snade; 10-28-2016 at 02:19 PM.