Added sibling (for my 500R) - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking Added sibling (for my 500R)

So that my 500R doesn't feel bored in garage alone, I have added brand new 2015 1000 RR next to it. Already done 1100 Kms on it and the bike is due for first service. Below in nutshell how I feel about it.

Thoughts (especially compared with my other bike in garage CBR 500R)

CBR 500R : Very gentle and kind wife. Cooks food, keeps home clean, cares for kids, you can take her for ride and whenever in mood and she will be their with you. You always feel nice and home with her.

CBR 1000RR : Super-model girl friend. Hot and Sexy. Everyone looks at her whenever you take her out. Demands lot of caring, high maintenance. And if you miss a single occasion or become little careless, it wouldn't mind dumping you without a blink.

Lesson : Keep both

P.S. I have 20+ years of experience riding motorcycles including Supersports. Wouldn't recommend a litre bike for someone who is starting his motorcycle experience.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160801_175323.jpg (328.7 KB, 44 views)

2015 CBR1000RR
2015 CBR500RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 01:38 PM

At the age of 60 l prefer the gentler & light weight of the 500f, maybe in the future might purchase a FZ-07 but that most likely will be the most power I'll ever fill the need for. I like the naked bikes & the more upright riding position.
Happy & Safe riding on your 1000rr & all your future bikes.
sashsania and sonicboom like this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamco View Post
At the age of 60 l prefer the gentler & light weight of the 500f, maybe in the future might purchase a FZ-07 but that most likely will be the most power I'll ever fill the need for. I like the naked bikes & the more upright riding position.
Happy & Safe riding on your 1000rr & all your future bikes.
Fully agree. I am 40+ too, that is why keeping my 500. 1K is mostly for weekend canyon carving or track only.
sonicboom likes this.

2015 CBR1000RR
2015 CBR500RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2016, 08:11 PM

I'm 63 and have owned many types of motorcycles. For me at this point in life, I'm just enjoying the ease of the ride with my 500F. It's just so easy to throw into the turns and it keeps me in that safe zone with the mild throttle.
Jamco and sashsania like this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
I'm 63 and have owned many types of motorcycles. For me at this point in life, I'm just enjoying the ease of the ride with my 500F. It's just so easy to throw into the turns and it keeps me in that safe zone with the mild throttle.
Fully agree. That is why keeping my 500R, not replacing it. Before buying 1K, kind of figured, with time running fast, this might be last chance for me to enjoy a litre superbike. After that Nakeds, Sport-tourers as usual. Big NO to cruisers or Harley's, NO NO for sure.

2015 CBR1000RR
2015 CBR500RA

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 01:11 PM

I've had liter super sport bikes, Can't take that riding position anymore. Don't miss the power at all since you rarely use it or need it anyway. I've always like 500 cc motorcycles. One of my other favorite bikes was my CB550 Honda back from the 70's. This little 500 gives such nice smooth delivery and the suspension handling I find as good as anything else I've ever own or ridden.

These bikes are often purchased as a starter bike or considered a starter bike. I purchased it because I find good attributes with 500cc motorcycles that I prefer.

I've got a Triumph Bonneville for my long trips. Although this 500 could be used for that purpose, I've already done a couple 350 mile days with it.
carbonado and Jamco like this.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
I purchased it because I find good attributes with 500cc motorcycles that I prefer.
Although I am not a beginner to motorcycles, I am new to riding a sport bike. After looking at a used 2011 Ninja 650, I settled on the 2015 CBR500r as my first dip a toe into the sport bike world. I wanted something that was powerful enough to move my ass on the highway, but not something so fast I'd surely die on it (I have a love of speed as it is). I found the Honda to be more comfortable than the Kawi (are those seats made for torture so you won't want to ride them??) and the Honda suited my needs as a light, easy commuter. My _power_ bike is 1500cc's of Harley Softail Custom with apes and that 700+ pound monster can be torturous in high traffic (I'm 125 pound woman, by the way, 50 years young). The Honda is such fun to ride that the Harley has been sitting idle these last few weeks. Think I made a good choice.
sonicboom likes this.

Dev_________"Live to Ride. Ride to Live."
'07 Harley FXSTC Softail Custom ~ Grumpz
'15 Honda CBR500r sportbike ~ Cheshire
'07 Yamaha V Star Classic 650 ~ Grumpy Queen (sold)
'09 E-Ton Beamer 150cc scooter
'12 Honda Rebel 250 ~ Baby Grumpy (sold)
Some other crap motorcycles I can't recall cos I'm old.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashsania View Post
Lesson : Keep both
Great idea! I'd do the same thing myself if I could. I've always been fascinated by the liter bikes but have never owned anything larger than a 750. Maybe one day soon.... 😬
sashsania and sonicboom like this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Ben

That's why I want a 600RR but now that it's failed the emission standard, it might be goodbye from me if there's no middleweight.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarrithers View Post
Great idea! I'd do the same thing myself if I could. I've always been fascinated by the liter bikes but have never owned anything larger than a 750. Maybe one day soon.... 😬
If you want it and can afford it - I would say go for it. Currently CBR 1000RR has great deals. I got my brand new 2015 OTD for 10K US. Got my first servic done yesterday.

2015 CBR1000RR
2015 CBR500RA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page