Added sibling (for my 500R) - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
That's why I want a 600RR but now that it's failed the emission standard, it might be goodbye from me if there's no middleweight.
Have you tried GSX750 or CBR 1000RR? I would strongly recommend you test riding those two and skip 600s completely if license is not an issue.

2015 CBR1000RR
2015 CBR500RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 01:18 PM

Used 1000rr's in my area are going cheap. I see them all the time for 4 or 5 grand in great shape.

Reason they come p for sale like that have much to do with the riding position. It's a riding position that will put a hurting on most people. SO those bikes end up purchased and then they find out they can't deal with the riding position.

Myself I'd prefer a naked more up right style liter bike. Those RR bikes are nice with good attributes other then the insane riding positions. You will always have people come up and say they can ride their 1000RR for many miles and remain comfortable, but often I have found out those people really don't ride long distance or they are very young and able to ride it a long way.

At my advancing age I can no longer make it to the corner store on a 1000RR without a medical team to pick me up off the bike.
sashsania likes this.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashsania View Post
If you want it and can afford it - I would say go for it. Currently CBR 1000RR has great deals. I got my brand new 2015 OTD for 10K US. Got my first servic done yesterday.
Some good deals on them in my area now too but just bought the Mrs. a new car and just dropped cylinder 1 on my WRX. Checked compression this morning and it was only 40psi. Time for a new motor. Maybe next year.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
@ Sonicboom: medical team part was hilarious. Enjoy 500, its great bike. I took it out today and still love it as I did in past.

BTW, before finalizing RR, I test rode 3 times each GSX-S 1000 and FZ-10. Esentialy naked version of their liter superbikes. FZ-10 was beyond my budget so I almost pulled trigger on GSX-S. My only problem with it was, which I couldn't get over, is its snatchy throttle. Its very abrubt and unsettles the bike mid of corners so that was deal breaker for me. May be suzuki will fix it in future. Other than that its a great bike at great price if someone wants a liter naked. FJ-09 was my 2nd choice but couldnt get used to very comfortable riding position. Felt as comfortable as my pickup, so there was no point.

2015 CBR1000RR
2015 CBR500RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=sashsania;759458]@ Sonicboom: medical team part was hilarious. Enjoy 500, its great bike. I took it out today and still love it as I did in past.

BTW, before finalizing RR, I test rode 3 times each GSX-S 1000 and FZ-10.

I've heard that particular Suzuki's having issue with throttle snatch. I sold a 1000R a couple years ago. I loved the bike, but I just could not last very long on it. I was ok with it until a couple years ago. I'm almost 64 now and I guess I finely hit that wall with some of these riding positions.

IF your in decent shape you should be ok with that RR position probably well into your 50's, hopefully, but it will eventually one day just hit you smack between the eyes that you can no longer ride like that, at least that's about how it hit me. It came on like all of a sudden type thing. To be honest, I lasted longer then some other folks my age.

I think it have something to do with losing muscle as we age, and then that puts more pressure on all our joints.
sashsania likes this.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 01:52 AM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashsania View Post
Have you tried GSX750 or CBR 1000RR? I would strongly recommend you test riding those two and skip 600s completely if license is not an issue.
Never mate.
What do you dislike about them?

2016 CBR500RA MATTE BLACK

Last edited by Ben; 08-07-2016 at 01:57 AM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Never mate.
What do you dislike about them?
600s are fantastic, dont get me wrong. You just need to rev them a lot. While 750 and Honda 1K have strong bottom and mid range that lets you cruise around town at 4-5 K range like our 500s. For 600s one need to be in 7-8K range for same "feel". I personally find (may be because of weight and size, 220lbs with gear and 6'2") 750/1K better.

2015 CBR1000RR
2015 CBR500RA

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Ben

Oh wow, that's a big deal breaker for me.

2016 CBR500RA MATTE BLACK

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page