Video: Car vs. Motorcycle Road Rage Incident - Page 2 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 15Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Member
 
Owlman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 98
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadscum View Post

And for the record..... guns don't kill people, people do.
More people die by vehicless the by guns, maybe we should ban all vehicles..... Just say'n.

Paul
When autonomous cars lead the way for robo-pocalypse, people will be banned and then no more such incidents ...

bambams, bamm321 and roadscum like this.
Owlman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 10:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nakhon Si, Thailand
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadscum View Post
I live in Florida, all the drivers here are nuts. I'd rather ride the LA Freeway in Ca. or the East Side Highway in NYC then Rt41(the Tamaimi Trail) here in SW Fl....
If you watched the video you'll understand.

And for the record..... guns don't kill people, people do.
More people die by vehicless the by guns, maybe we should ban all vehicles..... Just say'n.

Paul
I reeeaaallly don't want to get into a gun argument - been there, done that, nothing good came from it. I won't write about guns ever again!
But since your argument is so ridiculous I will say that people need cars for transportation, of course, so saying the above just doesn't make any sense. You don't need guns or alcohol but we need transportation.
Here's some information: Gun Deaths Are Now Outpacing Traffic Deaths In 21 States, And Counting
“Firearms are the only consumer product the federal government does not regulate for health and safety,” VPC Legislative Director Kristen Rand said in a press release. “Meanwhile, science-based regulations have dramatically reduced deaths from motor vehicles in recent decades. It’s well past time that we regulate firearms for health and safety just like all other consumer products.”

current: CBR500R, CRF250M, Yamaha Nouvo 135
previous: CB360, CB450SC (2), VT500FT, XS650 (3), Virago 750, Intruder 800, XJ600S, Intruder 1400, K75S (5), K100RS (5), ZX9R, KLR250, XR650L, DR650SE, Ninja 250, VTR250 (2), CBR150R (3), AX-1
Thump is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Karl Hungus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump View Post
I reeeaaallly don't want to get into a gun argument - been there, done that, nothing good came from it. I won't write about guns ever again!

But since your argument is so ridiculous I will say that people need cars for transportation, of course, so saying the above just doesn't make any sense. You don't need guns or alcohol but we need transportation.

“Firearms are the only consumer product the federal government does not regulate for health and safety,” VPC Legislative Director Kristen Rand--
If you're gonna cite sources like the VPC, then yeah, you should stick to your pledge never to write about guns again. You're simply out of your depth on the topic.

I'll say it again: for those of us who stay out of certain areas and refrain from certain activities, the risk of ever being shot is so slight as to merit no discussion. I'll save those fears for when I visit a more dangerous country, such as Thailand.
roadscum likes this.

2014 CBR650F in Millennium Red

"You and your mom are hillbillies! This is a house of learned doctors!"
Karl Hungus is offline  
 
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 12:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nakhon Si, Thailand
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
If you're gonna cite sources like the VPC, then yeah, you should stick to your pledge never to write about guns again. You're simply out of your depth on the topic.

I'll say it again: for those of us who stay out of certain areas and refrain from certain activities, the risk of ever being shot is so slight as to merit no discussion. I'll save those fears for when I visit a more dangerous country, such as Thailand.
I simply posted the first site that came up after I googled "gun deaths vs traffic deaths".
There are plenty more, have a look, they all say the same.
And your "depth" argument is a very common one.
But if you think you are safe from direct fire and stray bullets that's fine with me.

current: CBR500R, CRF250M, Yamaha Nouvo 135
previous: CB360, CB450SC (2), VT500FT, XS650 (3), Virago 750, Intruder 800, XJ600S, Intruder 1400, K75S (5), K100RS (5), ZX9R, KLR250, XR650L, DR650SE, Ninja 250, VTR250 (2), CBR150R (3), AX-1
Thump is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 68
Nah, people don't need cars, they want cars. We need only those things necessary for our existence, food, air, shelter. Seems Thialand has more the three times the number of vehicular deaths per capita then the US. What's up with that? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ted_death_rate

In America our constitution gives us the right to gun ownership. Shame other counties deprive their citizens of this freedom and the ability to protect themselves.

We need less regulation from our federal government, not more as some here might suggest. Responsible adults don't need other making decisions for them, simply really.
Paul

Last edited by roadscum; 06-03-2016 at 01:37 PM.
roadscum is offline  
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Karl Hungus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadscum View Post
Nah, people don't need cars, they want cars. We need only those things necessary for our existence, food, air, shelter. Seems Thialand has more the three times the number of vehicular deaths per capita then the US. What's up with that? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ted_death_rate

In America our constitution gives us the right to gun ownership. Shame other counties deprive their citizens of this freedom and the ability to protect themselves.

We need less regulation from our federal government, not more as some here might suggest. Responsible adults don't need other making decisions for them, simply really.
Paul
Not to be a stickler, but the Constitution (specifically the Bill of Rights; the rest exists as a check on government power) doesn't "give" us anything; instead, it merely affirms what are presumed to be preexisting rights; i.e., rights that inhere in the human condition.

But otherwise, I like where your head is at :-)

2014 CBR650F in Millennium Red

"You and your mom are hillbillies! This is a house of learned doctors!"
Karl Hungus is offline  
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nakhon Si, Thailand
Posts: 2,564
Don't ask me why but I feel safer in Thailand than in the USA.


https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...uspect-updates

current: CBR500R, CRF250M, Yamaha Nouvo 135
previous: CB360, CB450SC (2), VT500FT, XS650 (3), Virago 750, Intruder 800, XJ600S, Intruder 1400, K75S (5), K100RS (5), ZX9R, KLR250, XR650L, DR650SE, Ninja 250, VTR250 (2), CBR150R (3), AX-1
Thump is offline  
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Karl Hungus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump View Post
Don't ask me why but I feel safer in Thailand than in the USA.
Well then it's clear you do a lot more feeling than thinking.

Look kiddo, as excited as you over this story because of the teachable moment that you mistakenly think it creates, the fact remains that Thailand is a more violent country than the US. It's not even debatable. And the death of 50 people in a terrorist attack doesn't skew those numbers nearly enough to change that fact.

2014 CBR650F in Millennium Red

"You and your mom are hillbillies! This is a house of learned doctors!"
Karl Hungus is offline  
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 04:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Thump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nakhon Si, Thailand
Posts: 2,564
"Look kiddo" - ?! and: "It's not debatable?"


I knew it was better to stay away from gun nuts!


And from now on I will.



current: CBR500R, CRF250M, Yamaha Nouvo 135
previous: CB360, CB450SC (2), VT500FT, XS650 (3), Virago 750, Intruder 800, XJ600S, Intruder 1400, K75S (5), K100RS (5), ZX9R, KLR250, XR650L, DR650SE, Ninja 250, VTR250 (2), CBR150R (3), AX-1
Thump is offline  
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Karl Hungus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thump View Post
"Look kiddo" - ?! and: "It's not debatable?"


I knew it was better to stay away from gun nuts!


And from now on I will.



"Gun nut"? Looks to me like you're a lot more obsessed with guns than I am. What's next, something snarky about how my gun is just to make up for other "shortcomings"? You might as well, since you've clearly abandoned any attempt at rational conversation.

But maybe I should try to be so understanding, because I'd probably be on edge too if I lived in as dangerous and violent a country as you do :-)

2014 CBR650F in Millennium Red

"You and your mom are hillbillies! This is a house of learned doctors!"
Karl Hungus is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome