My question centres around...
- is the spada bag to bulky
- what are the downsides you have experienced
- how's it go in the wet...
- can the gear be locked to the bike?
- any decent alternatives out there? ( not givi or shad)
- how's it look? (Not majorly important......but still worth throwing into the mix)
PS loving the bike so far. Ended up with a tri colour R - ABS
Looked at panniers... But I wanted something a bit easier to get on and off the bike that could carry a change of clothes for overnight travel. Also liked the multiple rack options. Anyway, we'll see how well it works when it gets here.
Thanks for your comments above. I'm still mucking around with this decision. Whilst I am convinced the Ventura stuff is top quality, I'm now leaning towards the Kriega US40 soft luggage system - see link Kriega US40 motorcycle luggage system
The reasons being as follows:
- completely waterproof
- looks better
- no rack/bulky bag
- No frame
Downsides that I am prepared to deal with are:
- Not as easy to take on and off
- Potentially not as sturdy when riding?? (only from what I have read....this could be false).
If anyone has thoughts on Kriega stuff let me know.
For anyone interested. My Ventura rack arrived and was installed yesterday morning over a cup of coffee. The install required R&R of the two rear foot pegs, drilling two holes in the bottom of the trunk and R&R of the front grab handle bolts. Overall, I'm very happy with the racks and bags. My only nit pick complaint is that the bolts aren't powder coated to match the racks and support tubes. Here's a few pics.