Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

a Clip Ons thread

133K views 169 replies 65 participants last post by  CalvinBusby 
#1 ·
Seems like a good idea to have a thread where we can post info and links regarding clip ons that we are considering or using.

Here are some that I am considering. They seem quite versatile and would allow one to lower the bars or keep them about where they are now.

Apex Clip-Ons

The stock bar risers raise the bars about 3 inches, so I imagine the 3" version of these would be perfect.
I might email Apex to ask about the height of their bar cuffs. The stock bar cuff on the R is about 1" tall, and it looks like we could handle as tall as 1&1/8"

#8 ·
Not a bad thought. Probably worth a shot.

I heard back from Apex. The cuff/clamp on the clip ons I linked to above are 3.2" tall, so they're a hair taller than it looks like we could fit, unless one really modified things by raising the fork tubes.

Anyone with lots of experience in this realm, please chime in.

#13 ·
No, wait. How about if you put the left clip on on the right and the right on the left but inverted them before mounting? :D

#23 ·
So...after searching eBay myself, there are none on there SPECIFICALLY for our bikes...

However. If you look at the guy who sold that set on eBay previously mentioned by SydCBR, he has a display pic that shows his website club517superbike.com

Its all in Thai language...sigh...

My next questions, does anyone know what size in MM the the forks are? (the diameter of the portion that the Clip-ons attach to)

#24 ·
Oh another thing...I just messaged the guy selling those via eBay, I told him that there is a lot of money to be made if he started selling parts for our bikes on eBay instead of his site alone.

I will let you all know what he says, judging by his website he has a ton of sweet parts for our bikes that look to be great quality... *fingers crossed*

#25 ·
Oh another thing...I just messaged the guy selling those via eBay, I told him that there is a lot of money to be made if he started selling parts for our bikes on eBay instead of his site alone.

I will let you all know what he says, judging by his website he has a ton of sweet parts for our bikes that look to be great quality... *fingers crossed*
Just ordered the clip ons from this guy .....from the picture he has on his website everything looks like it should fit ill keep you guys posted once it finally gets here im all the way up in canada soo it'll prolly not be here for a while :(:(

#35 ·
The clip ons the Gillies make look nice but some one said they will not ship to the states? Any one have any more information on this. I think they look very nice and give the bike a more supersport feel/look. (I know some people will say the bike is not suppose to be a supersport but to each their own.)

News

#36 ·
I just got some Vortex clip-ons installed and I have to say, the stock bar ends do a really good job of keeping the vibrations down. I am not sure if there was also something inside the tubes to absorb some of it as well. If you guys are planning on installing clip-ons, you might also want to research a bit more about dampening inside the tubes. With my new setup, the vibrations are all through the RPM range, unlike before when the only time I really felt it was when I was nearing red line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.