Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

Nobunaka Rearsets

27K views 44 replies 23 participants last post by  tothezenith 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I received my new Nobunaka Rearsets and I must say they look pretty cool. I haven't installed them just yet as I just received them today. Even the shift rod is red. I will be installing these tomorrow in time for Saturday's ride.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I got them from their website: www.Nobunaka.com
I like that you can order individual parts easily just in case.

#10 ·
I couldn't wait to see how it would look so I put it on the gear side for a preview. It is a bit too much bling but that's why we buy these things, right? Just so you know, it's not set up yet. I'm not sure how I want the linkages to be. The red is a bit darker than the bike but looks good to me. The ball bearings are smooth as butter. It does come with the brackets for the side covers to clip and hold on to. I believe the Giles doesn't come with this part. Overall, it is awesome!

More tomorrow after... uh... work... :grin

Attachments

#15 ·
After seeing these and checking the price, I emailed them about colors. My bike is black and purple for the most part. I asked if they could make some in purple and they responded fairly quick. Yes, they will do purple for me! :grin They use a 3rd party to anodize for them, so just email to see if they have a color they don't normally do. I'll be ordering in a month or 2.

#12 ·
Ok, so I received my new Nobunaka Rearsets and I must say they look pretty cool. I haven't installed them just yet as I just received them today. Even the shift rod is red. I will be installing these tomorrow in time for Saturday's ride.
What's the name of that Alpinestar jacket in the first picture?

#13 ·
Very nice, do the offer any different colour combinations for different parts of the sets?
Yes they do. From what I see in their website, they offer black, silver and red for the 500R. But if you look at all the other bikes, they have every color, green, blue, gold etc.. You can email them from the website and they are pretty good at answering.

What's the name of that Alpinestar jacket in the first picture?
It's the Alpinestars Celer leather jacket.

#16 ·
After seeing these and checking the price, I emailed them about colors. My bike is black and purple for the most part. I asked if they could make some in purple and they responded fairly quick. Yes, they will do purple for me!
They use a 3rd party to anodize for them, so just email to see if they have a color they don't normally do. I'll be ordering in a month or 2.
I agree, they answer pretty quickly. The website is questionable as far as logging in to your account but if you email them for anything, they answer pretty quickly. I ordered the monocolor in red and ordered the spare in silver so in essence, I ordered the bicolor and that's what I got. Shipping took 3 days once they shipped the product with tracking.

Just a sidenote, I didn't get any instructions with this as usual. Then again, this is not crotch rocket science. :)

#18 ·
Finally finished it after dealing with Friday night stuff. Took it for a test ride and it's buttery smooth with those sealed bearings in the levers. I must say it's a pretty comfortable setup but it didn't come without minor issues:

*Brake light switch spring was a bit short so I had to run to the hardware store and actually found the perfect spring thats almost identical but longer.
*Two of the bolts that holds the plate were too long and had to be cut about 5mm.
*Take the prebuilt part apart and locktite them.

Other than that, it's pretty straight forward. The two foot pegs line up and are pretty equal in height on both sides.

Attachments

#19 ·
The Finished Product

Took and rode the bike @ Highway 26 to Jackson. Felt very comfortable especially on the turns. Last time I took a semi sharp turn, I stubbed my foot on the ground which is why I put the Nabunaka's on. (Got that on video too) These Nabunaka's are well worth the money!

#20 ·
I am looking for some rearsets for my 500f. Stock ones scrape way too easily on corners and need some more clearance. Do these sit noticeably higher up and farther back than the stockers?

#21 ·
#23 ·
Shipping took about 2 weeks because they had to make it. Took less than 3 days to get to my house once they shipped it.

#24 ·
Looking to get some myself but their website seems to be down and I cant find much on eBay. Do you think they went out of business?

#26 ·
Forgive me if this is a duplicate post. In the event you are looking for an adjustable rear set, ie, one you can change in five minute from one height to another, check out Vortex. I had to move these up during a track day. Took me five minutes. Pictured is the lower setting which I had to move up during a track day.

Attachments

Reactions: Hummus
#28 ·
Anyone have any comments for the installation process or did everyone just have someone else install the rearsets for them?
Any week now I'll finally have a pair of these to get on my bike and I'd like to be well prepared with the know how to put them on; or if I should just start saving up to pay the hefty mechanic fee to have someone install them. :p

Thanks in advance!

#33 ·
have been in correspondence with Nobunaka the last week and a but since installing a set on my bike. I reported to them the two main issues with their product; that being the gear shift connecting rod being too long, and the right peg not spaced out equally compared to the left.
They were grateful for the feedback as no one has mentioned the issues to them prior and advised they will be changing future productions of these sets. As thankyou are sending out a free set of spare pegs :)

Cases in point why customer feedback is important. Like how back in June my MotoDynamics taillight stop working and found there circuitry was shy on solder. Advised the company they need to revise there manufacturing, and they repaired my unit free of charge even though it was 6mths past the warranty period.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.