Nobunaka Rearsets - Page 4 - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by starshot21 View Post
Nice setup!
By the way, where'd you find those flush blinkers??
Try checking here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyM-...ature=youtu.be
and
http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/ho...cbr500r-3.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: CBR500R ABS : Seat Cowl : Tire Hugger : R&G Tail Tidy : MotoDynamics Sequential LED Tail Light : New Gen 2-Way Spy Alarm : R&G Frame Slider : 6500K HID Headlights : Red Anodized Gel Grips : R&G Frame Slider : Custom Flush Mount Signals : Red Reflective Rim Tape : Nobunaka Rearsets : Healtech GIPro DS : Shoei GT Air Helmet : Scala Rider G9 Bluetooth Communication System : Awesome bike friends to hang out :

: Ducati 899 Panigale 2015 :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 04:34 PM

Sweet.
Thanks for this!
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 06:27 PM

Garage
have been in correspondence with Nobunaka the last week and a but since installing a set on my bike. I reported to them the two main issues with their product; that being the gear shift connecting rod being too long, and the right peg not spaced out equally compared to the left.
They were grateful for the feedback as no one has mentioned the issues to them prior and advised they will be changing future productions of these sets. As thankyou are sending out a free set of spare pegs

Cases in point why customer feedback is important. Like how back in June my MotoDynamics taillight stop working and found there circuitry was shy on solder. Advised the company they need to revise there manufacturing, and they repaired my unit free of charge even though it was 6mths past the warranty period.

What makes

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tothezenith View Post
They were grateful for the feedback as no one has mentioned the issues to them prior and advised they will be changing future productions of these sets.
i actually wanted to write to them when i installed mine about these things, but never got to it ... glad you did it instead of me
tothezenith likes this.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 07:16 PM

Garage
yeah thanks for the tips

What makes
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 11:46 PM

Garage
Pics as requested @iliodi
Went with their default color combination of black-red as thought it went quite nicely with my bike's color scheme:

They feel a lot more comfortable than the stock ones after having fitted the aftermarket clip-ons, not so crunched up now. As expected can definitely lean more; even if at the same angle, it feels like you're leant over more. I especially like not having that feeling of apprehension on lean that I'm going to be scrapping pegs. Can attack the corners with more confidence knowing you've got more room to lean than one has balls to go!
Owlman, iliodi, _Yamato and 1 others like this.

What makes
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:03 PM

Quote:

Your ride is looking reaaaaal sweet ... though I gather you've just about upgraded everything?

It's ignorant question time:

That vertical shift link is aftermarket correct? Could you please explain to me what it is and what it does?

Thanks in advance!
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
That vertical shift link is aftermarket correct? Could you please explain to me what it is and what it does?
what it is:
a quick shifter, it allows you to shift up without using the clutch under full acceleration (you can have the accelerator wide open)
what it does:
when you press on the shift pedal, it cuts the engine off for a small moment matching the revs better for the next gear and that allows for the gears to be changed, basically the same thing as you would do when you don't use the clutch and just close the throttle for a bit ... except you don't have to close the throttle, this will allow to shift faster => faster acceleration
tothezenith likes this.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 05:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Your ride is looking reaaaaal sweet ... though I gather you've just about upgraded everything?
It's ignorant question time:
LOL! yeah pretty much, was chatting with my mate the other day about the mods and the crashes I've had on it and he asked if there's any part of the bike that from new I haven't modified, swapped or removed from the bike in any way... had me thinking for a while. Ummm, the inner rear mud guard, the chassis, triple clamps, gearbox, *scratches head*, the heatshield panel and the little rear ducktale panel, is about it.

And as Yamato explained, that Quickshifter is wicked! I love it, even just the sound is a symphony to the ears

What makes
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
LOL! yeah pretty much, was chatting with my mate the other day about the mods and the crashes I've had on it and he asked if there's any part of the bike that from new I haven't modified, swapped or removed from the bike in any way... had me thinking for a while. Ummm, the inner rear mud guard, the chassis, triple clamps, gearbox, *scratches head*, the heatshield panel and the little rear ducktale panel, is about it.

And as Yamato explained, that Quickshifter is wicked! I love it, even just the sound is a symphony to the ears
Awesome thanks for the explanation @yamato!

@tothezenith, if you ever catch a video of it in action, I'd love to hear it too!

I've noticed that Nobunaka sells the "spare parts kit" at a discount when purchasing the rearset ... build quality/failure a concern, or is it more for those who take it racing with increased risk of hitting the ground?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page