Honda CBR 500 Riders Forum banner

What is this unused bracket for?

5K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  sonicboom 
#1 ·
'14 CBR500r (non-ABS)

Anyone know what this bracket is all about? It's under the tail, between the left foot-peg and passenger foot-peg.

See less See more
#2 ·
Must be some Honda add on part that bolts to that. Or it was used during the assembly process when the frames are attached to an assembly line hanger. It looks as if something was threaded into it at one time.

Sometimes on exhaust manifolds they have little holes on the end. I found out those are used to hang the headers during the plating process.

#10 ·
I have a '14 R model and had a look yesterday - between the two left side foot pegs the frame tube is covered by plastic, can't see any brackets.
You wrote it's "under the tail", then "between the left side pegs" - where is it exactly?
Can't really tell by the picture.
Maybe it's for something that goes in from the top?

#12 ·
I have a '14 R model and had a look yesterday - between the two left side foot pegs the frame tube is covered by plastic, can't see any brackets.
You wrote it's "under the tail", then "between the left side pegs" - where is it exactly?
Can't really tell by the picture.
Bike was on a lift, so you really gotta get up under there if you're going to see it. Your not likely to find it by accident.

#19 ·
I think I found the answer.
Since you have the non-ABS model, I believe that this box on mine houses the ABS brain.
It also keeps the shock cleaner! :)
(And the bolt does go in from the top!)

Attachments

#21 ·
I let someone else figure that out... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.