Another CB500F review - Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By jerros

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2013, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Another CB500F review

Honda's 2013 naked CB500F tested! | Bennetts Bike Social

And here is a CB500R review by the same site.
http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial.../#.UTDbhGcgy70

Natrix and Andy like this.

Last edited by jerros; 03-01-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM

Thanks for posting those. I don't think I've visited that BikeSocial site before. Seems better than if Progressive tried to do something like that! Impressed to see articles by established journalists there.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
If ever a bike has been launched with perfect timing, itís the CB500F. This parallel twin produces 47bhp, bang on the new A2 licence limit. And itís one of Hondaís first biggish bikes to be built in Thailand, which allows them to keep the price down to £4650. Getting a half-litre Honda and a chunk of change from five grand sounds like a decent deal at any time, let alone in cash-conscious 2013. Especially when itís as good a bike as this one. Thereís nothing fancy about the CB500F (which shares most parts with the faired CBR500R and adventure styled CB500X). Itís a simple naked bike with a 471cc parallel twin engine and a tubular steel frame. Itís intended as a step up for inexperienced riders, a painless step down from bigger bikes, and a competitively priced commuter to tempt motorists out of their cars.
The CB-F might be inexpensive but it hides that very well. Thereís more than a hint of CB1000R about its look. Fit and finish (in white, black or red) is good; the instrument panel includes a fuel gauge and consumption reading alongside the digital speedo and analogue tacho. Itís slim, reasonably light at 192kg, and has a low seat that should make it manageable for just about anyone.
I think the naked 500F is a nice looking bike. I wouldn't buy one but I'm surprised how much I like the naked model. I guess naked is just better

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM

It really depends on your taste for looks some might like the CBR500r but I just like the simplicity and the lines more of the CBR500F. But when i look at the CBr500F it just resembles a hornet so much.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scisorro View Post
It really depends on your taste for looks some might like the CBR500r but I just like the simplicity and the lines more of the CBR500F. But when i look at the CBr500F it just resembles a hornet so much.

Yes, the 599 Hornet. And that's bad because?

Can you guess that I like naked bikes?

John '14CB500XA (White), '09CRF230L (L'il Red Piglet), '89NX250 (sold, White)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1st bike: a slightly used 1958 Matchless 250 thumper
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsonder View Post
Yes, the 599 Hornet. And that's bad because?

Can you guess that I like naked bikes?
Very true@ If i didn't see that picture of the hornet i would not have thought of that either. Yes the Honda 599 Hornet it was a great bike from what i remember. I like the lookd of nake bikes too hut how does this compare with others. And i mean how does the Cbr600f to the other cbr500s?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 AM

Another CB500F Review

Here's another review of the CB500F over at Visor Down that also includes a lot of great close up shots of the bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR500R Forum : CB500F and CB500X Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page